Say goodbye to “hygge”. 2017 is the year of lagom, a special approach to life when a person tries to be fair and frugal, creating balance in all spheres. Lagom lifestyle, lagom interiors, lagom consumption… What’s so great about this Scandi trend? Let’s find out together.
Not too little. Not too much. Just right. It’s a Swedish word and a Nordic lifestyle concept that may be understood as fairness, appropriateness, balance, and contentment. Finding a balance and moderation in all spheres is like a modern recipe for happiness.
There are several tips that will help you create cozy lagom interiors:
- buying new interior pieces, choose those that bring you joy without turning your home into a space full of clutter
- choose simple living room designs with objects that create calm and tranquility
- don’t neglect upcycles design pieces and reused furnishings
- get rid of clutter
- use new storage and organization ideas
- invest in thick rugs and blankets – it’s one of the ways to save on electricity and gas
- don’t neglect to buy secondhand pieces
- upcycle and recycle
- switch to LED
- install new blinds
- air your clothes
- recycle your waste
- grow your own food
Have you already heard about lagom-inspired IKEA Stockholm 2017 collection? I’ve been writing about it in this post. Combining the forms, and functions of the highest quality, this collection features natural materials and perfect craftsmanship. These characteristics ensure that furniture and decor objects are used with pleasure now and are going to last for many years.
With LAGOM in mind, we think you can live a more sustainable, healthy and cost-conscious life at home, without any dramatic upheaval. To learn how to make sustainability affordable and easy to achieve we created our Live LAGOM project, an active community to help save energy and water, reduce waste and promote a healthy lifestyle.
What tips do you like most of all? Share your thoughts in comments. Let’s create cozy lagom interiors that help us make the planet better.